Thursday, April 15, 2010

another thursday

Tonight was one of those nights..  I got back to the ranch and hadn't planned on working on it tonight.  I headed over to a local event right across the road at the golf course.  A little food fest, super cheap, great food, and a decent crowd of people. A great night for it.  After that it was back here...  nothing really planned and no real ambition to get into anything.  So the rest of the night was spent in the back yard just hanging out and watching the sun set.  It was a beautiful thursday night here, phenomenal weather that doesn't get much better. I throw on some music and just chill out and of course you can't help but to think about of a lot of things.  Is an exceptional memory a bad or a good thing? Its great I guess when things you remember things that make you laugh, smile and love.  But when those memories make you laugh, smile, and love... and realize all those things aren't around, you start to wish you couldn't remember. Thursday's always remind me of a voice that I still hear all the time, and today's date reminds me of when something great slipped away. I'm making new memories now, but the problem is I can't remember what I did last thursday or last month, so in my mind it must not have been anywhere close to as good...














footnote:  John Mayer is on.  Neon is the song.  And I just realized a line of the song mentions Peachtree Street.  And he mentions something slipping through his hands.  No joke, I wrote this right before the song started, that is some serious divine intervention there.

No comments:

Post a Comment