Tuesday, November 17, 2009

a new low

I had a request for more writing in my posts, some of my latest ones were getting short, so I'll be sure to step it up, hopefully this one is better...   Well I never thought I would do something like this. I have a confession to make.  I used peel and stick tile. There, I said it, its done, let the fallout begin. Get off the floor and back in your chair.  Everyone that knows me right now is reeling. I pray this sin will be forgiven.  Remember a post awhile ago when I ripped up the nasty floor in the kitchen. Well since I am torn on many levels on whether or not to proceed with bigger plans, I had to do something to make it look finished and more livable.  So against my better judgement I went with a designed to sell solution. It turned out ok and gives it a better look for sure, just not my ideal way of handling it.  The images are after the jump. The good thing though is the installation was a breeze.  Near the end of the install I thought to myself... "If life only went as easy as this peel and stick tile"




















3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, we had to do the same thing in our kitchen when we pulled up our crappy old linoleum. After all the money we had already poured into fixing so much stuff in this old house we bought, we decided that peel and stick would be better than the subfloor, and we would live with it until we could afford ceramic tile. So we lived with ugly floors for 9 months or so and then got tile. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If only life went as easy as peel and stick tile"...
    Sounds like a title to a book... and one I could relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no E...no, bare subfloor is much better...

    ReplyDelete