Thursday, November 26, 2009

light is better than darkness...

I mentioned one of the easiest ways to spruce up a place is with some new hardware. Another simple way to make a place feel more modern is by lighting.  And a good place to find some relatively inexpensive fixtures is of course Ikea. Each year they get better and better with selection and styles.  I've had some Ikea fixtures and a few others for quite some time, I bought some for my apartment and have held onto them since. So I cracked open the lighting bins and started pulling out the fixtures.  Above the pseudo bar counter in the kitchen there was a ceiling fan I pulled down.  I mentioned it in a previous post, I attached the image again to illustrate what it was.  To replace that fixture and to bring a little more interest to that part of the kitchen/dining area I have installed a track fixture. I can't begin to describe how difficult it was to install this fixture by myself, the track is kind of stiff and hard to manipulate alone to install.  After awhile the tape was my best friend for the night and did a decent job of holding it in place.  This fixture provides some good light and is a little more aesthetically pleasing to me. Jump = Bunch of Pics





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment